Each stocking is made from vintage quilt tops which makes every one singular in it's style and color. These are created from my collection of vintage quilt tops. I love thrifting for unusual and interesting items to use in these creations.
The cuff and full lining are created using quilting cotton.
Since each stocking is unique and has beautiful designs on both the front and the back. I don't embroider on the cuff. Instead, I created the fabric gift tag. Each tag is made from 100% cotton and embroidered with a color to coordinate with the fabrics
You can add an embroidered gift tag with a name on it for an additional $10.
I can also use your personal vintage quilt tops to create special stockings for your family to treasure! Contact me directly to get pricing on your next family heirloom.
Christmas Stockings - Made from Vintage Quilt Tops
Because these are made from vintage fabrics, they should not be washed in a washing machine or dried in a dryer.
If they need cleaning:
- Make a bowl of soapy water using a gentle soap such as Castille.
- Using a clean cloth dipped in the soapy water, blot the soiled area of the stocking until clean.
- Repeat this process with clean water to rinse the soap out.
- Lay flat on a towel to dry.
- Press with an iron on low heat to remove any wrinkles.
Due to the age of the fabrics and the various dyes used in vintage production, color may bleed on some of the fabrics. Test your cleaning method on an inconspicuous spot before cleaning the entire stocking.